Now the major question of yet another incident of outright racism at a sporting event this time in hocky should be "What are the consequences of the racist behavior?" and "Why does the NHL permit a team to promote and use a racist identity since the fans can see the racism, easily decide ii is supporting all forms of racism?"
- Does the Rapid City Rushmore Civic Center have security cameras on the fans? Where is the footage of this horrible incident?
- Why are there no criminal charges against those harassing the Native American attendees? Pouring beer on children is not harmless and neither is huring racist insults. Assault and battery seem legally appropriate charges.
- Did the VIP suite owner know or should they have reasonably known the people they had in their suite were racist?
- What are the legal past records of those in the suite and the owners, personally and corporatly of the suite--is there a pattern of this tye of behavior for any of those involved?
- What is Rapid City, SD doing to address this racism and prevent it in the future as it is the owner of the venue?
If you are reading this and want this racism to stop I suggest you send a few letters, use local media and even email to draw attention to this situation. Boycott the sport, join a locat anti-racist group, keep the media involved and aware of ongoing racism and racist behavior, vote and always vote against racism. Make the good change happen.
Silence supports the status quo. Your silence will support racism. Do NOT be silent.